Share Schemes & Incentives
Having a loyal and motivated workforce is a key element in building a successful business. Share schemes and arrangements allowing employees to own shares in their employer can be an excellent, cost effective way of incentivising staff while at the same time enhancing your reputation as an enlightened employer, attracting and retaining high calibre staff.
Working with our clients, our Group advises on and designs arrangements to incentivise and reward employees through share ownership and bonuses, and as vehicles to buy out existing shareholders of private companies – as an alternative to a trade sale or a more traditional management buy-out. Arrangements can be put in place to operate alongside and to complement wider ownership structures – such as family ownership or management ownership – and can be used as flexible and tax-efficient business succession tools.
We advise on and assist in implementing tax-advantaged arrangements for key individuals, as well as in relation to more wide-reaching all-employee arrangements. There is no ‘one size fits all’ model and we work with you to find the right fit for you and your business.
- Enterprise Management Incentives
- Company Share Option Plans
- Employee Share Ownership Plans
- Savings Related Share Option Schemes
- Share Incentive Plans
- Share Options for selected executives and employees
- Performance-related cash bonus and/or share reward schemes
- Phantom share schemes
- Schemes designed to deliver shares or cash to employees on a trade sale or listing
- Employee Benefit Trusts and Employee Ownership Trusts
- The employee share scheme aspects of takeovers and mergers
- Share scheme issues for companies aiming for a flotation
- The use of Employee Benefit Trusts as a market for shares in private companies and as ‘warehousing’ vehicles for shares, both of which can make employee share schemes more effective