The UK’s tax system is highly complex. The tax advice delivered by our corporate tax team is, in contrast, pragmatic and straightforward.
We are one of only 6 firms in Scotland to have a tax group ranked by Chambers and Partners & Legal 500. Clients tell us they find our approach to be professional, approachable and down-to-earth.
Our Corporate Tax partner, Ainsley MacLaren, is a chartered tax adviser and a qualified solicitor. Ainsley sits on the Law Society of Scotland’s tax committee, the Scottish Property Federation Tax Committee and is a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners’ Group.
Our corporate tax team works with clients of all types from individuals to companies, large commercial organisations to charities. The advice provided may be focused around a specific transaction, or it may be stand alone tax advisory work. In all circumstances we understand that our tax advice must fit within your broader commercial objectives and we will work closely with our colleagues, or your other advisers, to achieve this.
- Construction and infrastructure firms
- Financial services organisations
- Hotel management companies
- Property developers and investors
- Major national utility companies
- Leading Scottish universities and higher education institutions
- Transport and logistics companies