At MacRoberts, we take our responsibility towards the environment seriously. We are committed to the protection of the environment, preventing pollution, reducing the environmental impact of our business and to continuously improving the sustainability of our practices. Environmental objectives are therefore set annually and reviewed regularly to drive continuous improvement of our business management system and to enhance our environmental performance.
Driving this commitment forward is our dedicated Environmental Committee whose purpose is to monitor, manage and improve the sustainability of our operations and activities within the firm, to encourage and support our staff to incorporate environmentally-friendly habits into their own lives and to raise awareness of environmental best practice among others that we work with.
We are committed to not only fulfilling our compliance obligations and satisfying applicable requirements, including the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, but also our social and moral responsibility to reduce our environmental impact. In addition, as a member of the Legal Sustainability Alliance, we form part of a network of law firms who are committed to working collaboratively to reduce our environmental impact.
As part of our commitment, we strive to:
- Minimise the use of single-use plastic throughout our offices
- Use recyclable and renewable materials as much as possible
- Encourage our staff to walk and cycle to work through employee incentive schemes
- Consider environmental implications when travelling to external meetings
- Improve our resource efficiency, including reduction of energy usage and waste across all offices
- Incorporate environmental factors into our business decisions
- Educate and engage our staff, promoting ‘green’ initiatives throughout the firm
- Scrutinise our supply chain, source locally and support sustainable businesses
- Promote and support environmental charities and campaigns