The New NEC4
MacRoberts Partner Mike Barlow will be presenting at a seminar outlining the changes introduced by the new suite of NEC contracts – known as NEC4 – which were made available on 22 June 2017.
NEC3 is widely used in the construction industry, especially by UK public sector bodies, and NEC4 is likely to become similarly popular. The 4-hour course, which takes place in Edinburgh on 26 September, will guide delegates through the key changes introduced and is aimed at lawyers and construction professionals who have some prior experience or knowledge of the NEC form of contract.
The seminar, hosted by MBL, a leading provider of accredited CPD seminars, webinars and conferences for lawyers and other professionals, will cover a range of topics including:
- The new terminology of the NEC4 ECC
- Changes to core clauses under NEC4
- The new secondary options under NEC4
- The new dispute negotiation/resolution procedures under NEC4
- Simplification of the application of the Schedule
- How to recognise a failure to use NEC4 ECC as intended
- How the case of Northern Ireland Housing Executive v Healthy Buildings (Ireland) Limited may affect the compensation event procedure
Full details of the course and the online booking form can be found here.
Mike Barlow is a Partner in MacRoberts’ Construction team and specialises in non-contentious construction work, including building and engineering contracts, development agreements and collateral warranties. He has considerable experience of standard form contracts such as SBCC, JCT, FIDIC, MF/1 and NEC.