A huge well done to the brave members of Team MacRoberts who took part in Social Bite’s Sleep in the Park in December. We are absolutely delighted to have raised a fantastic total of £6,681, including Gift Aid, for this brilliant cause. A massive thank you to everyone who donated!
All money raised will help in the fight to end homelessness for good, with Social Bite concentrating on a number of key areas, outlined below:
- The 500 Homes Campaign – the UK’s largest ever “Housing First” Programme – with a target of 18 months to bring 500 people off the streets into a proper home
- The Social Bite Village, which is expected to open in the Spring
- Outreach, engagement and food distribution
- A major jobs programme for homeless people
- Expanding the capacity of the Winter Night Shelter in Edinburgh
- Supporting other charities in the sector
An event to mark the launch of the Housing First Programme will take place at the Scottish Parliament on Tuesday 30 January from 6.00pm to 8.00pm. The event will include speeches from Social Bite founder Josh Littlejohn MBE, Sir Andrew Cubie CBE, CEO of Crisis and Chair of the Scottish Government’s action group on homelessness Jon Sparkes, and Dr Sarah Johnsen from Heriot Watt University.
For further information, please contact Laura Wilson, Director of Marketing & Business Development, MacRoberts LLP.
Capella, 60 York Street, Glasgow G2 8JX
T: 0141 303 1296
ABOUT MACROBERTS LLP
MacRoberts LLP is one of Scotland’s leading independent commercial law firms with over 150 years of experience in the legal sector. The firm maintains strong links within the Scottish economy, working with large private and public companies, small and medium-sized enterprises, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses, banks and financial services institutions, public sector bodies, charities and all levels of government.