MacRoberts on Scottish Construction Contracts – Third Edition
AVAILABLE NOW – secure your 15% discount!
“I hoped that it might be possible for this book …. to be kept up to date…….. That indeed is what has happened and, as I welcome this third edition, I have not been disappointed “
The Rt Hon Lord Hope of Craighead
The book provides a guide to the general principles of Scottish law relevant to construction contracts and the main provisions of the standard forms of construction contract used in Scotland, including:
- the obligations of employers and contractors
- ending a construction contract
- collateral warranties
- dispute resolution
- regulatory matters
This new edition has been substantially updated and expanded to take account of the latest editions of the Scottish Standard Building Contracts and recent case law. Specific updates have been driven by the following changes to legislation and standard contracts:
- Local Democracy Economic Development and Construction Act 2009 and the relative Scheme for Construction Contracts
- Arbitration ( Scotland ) Act 2010
- Recognising the significant increase in the use of NEC3 standard forms of contract, references to NEC3 provisions have been introduced throughout the relevant chapters so that each now covers the common law, the SBCC provisions and the NEC3 provisions.
The book also features new chapters on: litigation, competition, the Bribery Act 2010; and guarantees and bonds.
This publication is available now! For more information on how to secure your copy or your 15% discount please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.