Our team has extensive expertise and experience in transport-related matters with significant client exposure across the full range of modes of transport and full length of the supply chain.
Our long track record in transport originates in rail, with our client history stretching back to even before privatisation. Our team has a comprehensive knowledge of the rail industry and its contractual and regulatory matrix, having advised on procurement, projects and operational issues concerning infrastructure, passenger and rail freight.
We also have an impressive track record in roads, and have assisted clients with advice on a number of large-scale construction projects, in addition to street lighting and roads maintenance contracts.
Our team have extensive ports and harbours experience ranging from operational issues to contractual terms and charges to the drafting of harbour orders.
On air travel, in addition to our team having acted for airlines and fuel farm operators, we acted on behalf of the Scottish Ministers in their acquisition of Glasgow Prestwick Airport.
- Regulatory matters, including access rights
- Operational estate property rights (Scottish and English), leases and income opportunities
- Parliamentary and compulsory acquisition services, including Order and Bill drafting and objections
- Planning and other consents, including permitted development rights
- Environmental issues, including construction and environmental management plans
- Construction, engineering and facilities management contracts
- Asset and project finance, including grant funding
- Employment and trade union relations
- Dispute resolution
- Corporate defence
- Scottish Ministers
- Infrastructure providers and maintainers
- Civil engineering contractors
- Logistics service providers
- Harbour authorities
- Vessel operators
- Ferry operators