We understand that when considering inward investment across borders, the need for specialised and trusted advice is of the utmost importance. Our quality of service therefore extends not only to those who operate in Scotland but also to those from outside the local market who are looking to come to Scotland for the first time or who wish to expand existing operations here.
We have helped clients with transactions ranging from new ventures and single site acquisitions, multi-jurisdictional investment property portfolios, through to complex multi-national business acquisitions and mergers.
Sourcing expertise from right across our firm, from a wide range of legal specialists, we provide a fully-integrated service and will help you navigate through a sometimes complex legal terrain to ensure we deliver the advice and outcome you are looking for. Our cross-disciplinary team provides legal advice on a wide range of inward investment services, including:
- Financial assistance, taxation and State Aid issues
- Commercial funding and banking documentation
- Corporate and joint venture vehicle options
- Premises acquisition/lease contracts
- Ancillary premises matters – environmental and construction
- Operational consents and licensing
- Employment and pensions laws
- Business regulatory matters, including health and safety
- Intellectual property, including confidentiality and data protection
- Research and development
- Terms and conditions, including supply chain and consumer contracts
- Competition (anti-trust) law