HR Legal Services
Our Employment Group is the longest established specialist team in Scotland.
We are known for using our strong technical expertise and our practical and effective approach to find solutions for our clients. In an area of law that continually evolves, our team of accredited specialists works to ensure our proactive advice is tailored for our public sector clients’ strategic needs.
Our approachable team has an unrivaled reputation for representing clients and has been praised for its “partner-led advocacy” in Employment Tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
Working hand in hand with our clients ensures we are able to deliver the best possible responsive service. Our in-house training delivers key updates in an interactive and practical way.
We advise clients across the public sector, ranging from local authorities, education institutions, transport organisations to local and national government departments, healthcare bodies and security services.
We are highly experienced in advising public sector clients on all areas of employment law, including:
- TUPE and business restructures
- Pay and remuneration, including equal pay and holiday pay
- Employment/worker status and contracts
- Equality and discrimination issues
- Discipline and grievance claims
- Redundancy and/or reorganisation
- Settlement agreements
- Collective bargaining
- Industrial Relations
Employment law is fast paced and constantly evolving. With that in mind it is vital to keeping up to date with new requirements and procedures. We provide legal training sessions which can be tailored to suit you and your organisation.
Topics we cover include:
- Family friendly employment rights
- Equality and diversity training
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Transfers and redundancies/re-organisation
- Performance management
- Absence management – sickness absence
For more information please visit our Legal Training page.