Health & Safety
We defend our clients from the initial point of contact with investigators through to any hearing at court. Our team will liaise with investigators and prosecutors throughout and protect our clients’ position, including representing our clients at interviews with investigators. Client base ranges from sole traders to global corporate companies.
- Prosecutions by the ORR
- Prosecutions by the CPS/Crown
- Prosecution by Environment Agency/Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Prosecution by VOSA (overloading, operator licensing)
- Prosecution by Police (e.g. non-disclosure of driver details)
- ORR improvement/prohibition/enforcement notices
- Local authority notices (such as for noise, litter, graffiti, pigeon mess)
- Inquests/Fatal Accident Inquiries including advocacy at Inquests/Inquiries
- Support for employees being interviewed either under caution or voluntarily including emergency 24hr availability
- Defence of enforcement action by any other regulator e.g. Police for Corporate Manslaughter and HSE in situations where they may regulate rather than ORR (e.g. for asbestos) and also civil sanctions regimes /paper submissions and appeals
- Non contentious advice regarding risk assessments
24 Hour Helpline
MacRoberts’ Corporate Defence has a dedicated 24/7 helpline to deal with these matters. A solicitor will be on call to provide free advice on how the business should deal with the incident under investigation, and how to protect itself moving forward.