Our Energy Group has been actively involved in a diverse range of energy projects for over 30 years. We are proud to now be one of the strongest energy teams in Scotland.
The Group combines its legal expertise with commercial acumen and pragmatism that clients tell us they value, built on our experience in a range of renewable energy projects, including wind, hydro, solar and energy from waste (biomass). We address all the relevant commercial, strategic, consenting and legal issues from the conception of a project through to its ongoing operation so you can be confident that we will be able to understand your issues, anticipate any problems and provide the best possible outcome for our clients.
We regularly provide training sessions for our clients on the real estate aspects of onshore windfarms. We also have representatives on the Scottish Renewables Onshore Environmental working group. You can be confident in our ability to understand the issues and advise on the best outcomes for our clients.
Our expertise is principally focused around renewable energy development and management. We advise on:
- Regulatory matters
- Property rights and options (Scottish and English)
- Planning and consents
- Environmental issues
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Grid connection
- Contract negotiation, including EPC and supply and maintenance contracts
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Corporate restructuring
- Dispute resolution
- International engineering and project management companies
- Wind/solar energy firms
- Electricity companies
- Renewable power companies
- Wind farm development companies
- Major national utility companies
- Waste management companies
- Transport organisations
- Construction and infrastructure firms
- Banks and financial services institutions