Employment Law for Employers
Our Employment Group is the longest established specialist team in Scotland.
We are known for using our practical and effective approach to find solutions for our clients. In an area of law that continually evolves, our team of accredited specialists works to ensure our proactive advice is tailored for our clients’ strategic needs.
Our approachable team has an unrivalled reputation for representing clients and has been praised for its “partner-led advocacy” in Employment Tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
Working hand in hand with our clients ensures we are able to deliver the best possible responsive service. Our in-house training delivers key updates in an interactive and practical way.
We can provide advice on all areas of employment law including:
- Employment Tribunal Advocacy and EAT Claims
- TUPE & organisational restructures
- Redundancy and/or Re-organisation
- Pay and Remuneration; including equal pay and holiday pay
- Business immigration
- Equality and avoiding workplace discrimination
- Handling difficult conversations
- Settlement agreements
- Collective bargaining
- Employee relations
- Discipline and grievance
- Working time
- Whistle blowing
- Employment and worker status
- Service Agreements, contracts and policies
- Industrial relations
We work for some of the best known employers in the country including national PLCs and utilities companies, large charities and 9 local authorities. We advise clients across a wide range of sectors including major national utilities, engineering, manufacturing, construction, food and drink, education, local authorities, charities, financial institutions and professional bodies. You can therefore be confident that we will be able to understand your issues, anticipate any problems and provide the best possible outcome for our clients.
Our specialists within the Employment Law Group have decades of combined experience in advising employers on employment and business immigration matters.
Employment law is fast paced and constantly evolving. With that in mind it is vital to keeping up to date with new requirements and procedures. We provide legal training sessions which can be tailored to suit you and your organisation.
Topics we cover include:
- Family friendly employment rights
- Equality and diversity training
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Transfers and redundancies/re-organisation
- Performance management
- Absence management – sickness absence
For more information please visit our Legal Training page.