Welcome to the latest edition of MacRoberts' Data Protection & Cyber Security Newsletter.
As businesses adjust their working practices in light of COVID-19, and with the majority of the workforce working from home where possible, our data protection experts consider the status and importance of continuing to comply with data protection regulations.
Insights from our team in this edition include:
- New guidance on subject access requests
- The fines issued by the ICO to British Airways and Marriott International following separate data breaches in 2018
- Guidance on the use of artificial intelligence, including live facial recognition technology, and data protection
- Data protection law post-Brexit – does your business need to appoint an EU Representative?
- The UK National Data Strategy
- Ensuring data protection compliance during the COVID-19 pandemic
If you would like to discuss any of the topics raised in this edition, or any aspect of your business's data protection and cyber security practices, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.