Phone: 0131 248 2122
Marika has specialised in complex family law matters for over 12 years. Although she has particular experience advising on complex ante-nuptial contracts and high value claims for financial provision on divorce, she also deals with a wide range of issues including child residence and contact disputes, child relocation and Petitions under the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction.
Her recent experience includes advising on:
- International Divorce involving overseas assets and overlap with Sharia law, the need for urgent protective orders to prevent the dissipation of matrimonial assets
- Complex case for financial provision on divorce involving off-shore trusts and pensions, a disputed conversion of assets to matrimonial property due to corporate restructuring during the marriage and protection of a long-standing family business
- An Ante-Nuptial contract involving Nationals of two different EU states living in a third state with plans to settle outside the EU in future. Advice obtained from all jurisdictions potentially involved and work completed within eight week timescale
- Application by a parent seeking to relocate with a child, outside the UK, in the face of strong opposition by the other parent
- Challenge of a foreign maintenance order
Marika is a member of the Family Law Association, Scotland. She is trained in Collaborative Law and Accredited by The Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Family Law.
Marika is a fluent Italian speaker and regularly advise on cross-border legal issues between Scotland and Italy.