This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join one of Scotland’s leading law firms. Reporting to our Managing Partner and Finance Director, the Risk Manager will manage the Firm’s risk, as well as the risks to our employees, clients, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders.
As a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the Firm;
- Risk assessment, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the Firm;
- Reviewing, maintaining and managing complaints process with clients/third parties and then external parties if there is an escalation including liaising with internal and external interested parties;
- Reviewing, maintaining/improving and auditing of the Firm’s AML and client on-boarding processes, including day-to-day management of and assistance with the firm’s KYC functions – as a first point of reference;
- Auditing programme management of the Firm’s ISO certifications: ISO27001, ISO9001 and ISO22301;
- Reviewing, maintaining/improving and auditing of the Firm’s ISMS/GDPR package, Business Continuity Management System and Quality Management System;
Control and management of supplier interactions around NDAs/DPAs/Brexit questionnaires and other supplier compliance;
- Providing support, education and training to staff on the Firm’s AML packages, client on-boarding, complaints procedures and other take on or withdrawal processes to build risk awareness within the Firm; and
- Renewals and reviews of the Firm’s Insurances: PI, Crime, Cyber and D&O.
This is not an entry level role and although not essential, a background in the legal or financial sectors would be advantageous. We are looking to hear from individuals who have the ability to make important business decisions and are able to demonstrate the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Self-motivated with a good work ethic;
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently;
- Willingness to learn and progress within the industry;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- An aptitude for problem solving and decision-making;
- Analytical skills and a good eye for detail;
- The ability to cope under pressure;
- Planning and organisation skills;
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people;
- Commercial awareness and the ability to understand broad business issues; and
- Numerical skills and the ability to evaluate costs.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
How to apply
To apply please submit a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th April 2019.
For further information about this vacancy please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com or telephone 0141 303 1100.
MacRoberts LLP is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we treat all applicants and employees fairly, irrespective of religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, colour, nationality, or ethnic origin.